- Gay Singles Week: Meet like-minded single foodies
- All Inclusive: all meals included!
- Learn to cook like the locals
- Gastronomy meals from the best parts of the region
- Visit local markets and learn all about the ingredients of Puglia
- Wine tasting
- Olive oil degustation
- Visit key sights including Alberobello, Lecce, Ostuni and Polignano a Mare
- Make new friends from all over the world
- Luxury Accommodation in a private villa
- Be pampered by your Italy Gay Travels hosts, Sergio and Kendall
€1990 or USD $2340 in Double Room, sharing with a fellow foodie.
At the moment of Booking a Deposit (€500) is required. Final Payment is due no later than 60 days before Departure.
Solo traveler? You will share a double room with a fellow single foodie.
If you prefer your own room, please add a Single supplement of €690 or USD $790.
Fly either to Bari or Brindisi airport.
Price per person (based on shared double room)
- €1990 or USD $2340 in Double Room shared
- Single Supplement €690 or USD $790
Paying a single supplement is not required. We will try to match you with a fellow single foodie if you are traveling alone and prefer to share a room. If this is not possible, a single supplement will be applied to your reservation before the final payment date.
- 7 Days / 6 nights accommodation
- All inclusive: all meals and drinks included as listed in the itinerary. Main meals are all 3-4 courses with wine included.
- Exclusive stay at a Private Villa with swimming pool
- All cooking lessons
- All transfers required on the tour
- Guided tour of towns and cities
- Wine and olive oil tasting experiences
- Information material
- ‘Italy Gay Travels’ provides a Tour Manager for the duration of the trip, who will coordinate all activities and accommodation.
- All costs/entry fees for the activities listed in the itinerary are included.
- All transport during the tour is included. Transport is in our van/minibus.
- 24 hour phone assistance
Services not included
- 3.5% Credit Card Commission Fee
- Return flights
- Insurance and everything not listed as Included
- 7 days / 6 nights (7 days of activities)
- Learn to cook like a local with a hands-on cooking lessons from a Pugliese chef.
- Learn to make fresh pasta.
- Buy local produce in the local Markets, a good opportunity to practice your language!
- Prepare a meal with your chef – a key part of Puglia cuisine.
- Dine in selected restaurants
- Winery and vineyard visit to explore the local wines of the region.
- Explore the top cities in the area such as Lecce, Gallipoli, Nardo’, Otranto and Santa Maria di Leuca.
- Olive Oil from centuries old trees with a degustation of several types of olive oil.
- Wine tasting of the region’s local wines including wines made from indigenous.
- Local Cheeses such as burrata, caciocavallo, pecorino and cacioricotta.
- Pastries and desserts including the famous pasticciotto.
- Focaccia & taralli.
- Fresh Seafood.
- Local fresh produce including fave (beans), rape (stems and leaves of Broccoli) and courgette flowers.
- Italian Liqueurs such as Amaro and Limoncello.
- An array of meals showcasing the best of Puglian cuisine.
Join the Gay Singles Week with Italy Gay Travels: a Luxury Foodies Tour of Puglia. All Inclusive!
Our authentic and extravagant Gay Singles Week – Foodies Tour of Puglia is a once in a lifetime opportunity to explore the world-famous food in this amazing location along with like-minded singles. Our tour combines the must-see sights of Puglia with a sophisticated exploration of the food and wine specific to the region. Think seasonal vegetables, local cheeses, seafood from the extensive coastline and amazing meat, this is not Italian food as you know it. Puglia cuisine is based on a Mediterranean diet but here the food is explored creatively and always on seasonal produce. During the Gay Singles Week you will create inspired dishes with local chefs, while learning all the tricks and trades from centuries of passed-down traditions. You will also eat like kings on this tour as the gastronomy included will ensure you indulge. Not convinced? We also throw in trips to food producers, regional markets, wineries and olive groves. We will also make sure to show you the key sights of Puglia and Salento: Lecce, Otranto, Gallipoli, Nardo’, Santa Maria di Leuca are only a few of the places we will visit! It sounds like a lot but there will be plenty opportunity to relax, unwind and shop. We will have a day on a boat excursion looking at Puglia from another angle. This Gay Singles Week – Foodies Tour is open to all levels of cooking: you will be learning about the amazing Pugliese kitchen so there is a new trick for everyone to learn! The Gay Foodies Tour also offers an onsite massage therapist for those wishing to unwind and relax if the cooking gets to hot! Please email email@example.com for more information and how to book these extra treats.
Day 1: Sunday
Welcome to Puglia!
We will collect you either from Brindisi airport, connected to many destinations in Europe and beyond, or Lecce train station. From there we make our way to the private villa we have reserved exclusively for our group. This is where the Luxury Gay Salento Food and Wine Touradventure begins! Make yourself comfortable in your room and make sure to arrive hungry: a delicious welcome aperitif dinner prepared by your hosts is the apt start to our tour.
- Meals: Dinner (Delicious Aperitif dinner with Prosecco and wine included)
Day 2: Monday
Cooking class Pugliese style plus Gallipoli
After a fresh breakfast we have our first hands-on experience: a cooking lesson from a local chef. The lesson will focus on cooking typical Salento dishes and exploring the variety of local ingredients used. Cooking in Salento, and Puglia as a whole, is very seasonal and therefore recipes differ from one month to the next. Time to learn which vegetables grow in which month! We also have a ‘waste not’ attitude so don’t be surprised to see parts of vegetables used that are generally thrown away. Recipes have been handed down from generation to generation and truly represent the Mediterranean diet. The session is hands on and time is taken to ensure that everyone is happy and confident by the end of the experience. Naturally we eat what we’ve made 😊.
After digesting our meal we visit one of the most beautiful towns of the region, Gallipoli, famous for its long sandy beaches and its Old Town. Get your speedos out and have a swim in the crystaline waters or explore the town in your own time. The catch of the day will be dinner, freshly served fish and seafood in one of the best spots in the area. A couple of digestives or a gelato finish off the evening in proper Italian Style.
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Day 3: Tuesday
Boat Trip around Santa Maria di Leuca
After a hearty breakfast, the Luxury Gay Salento Food and Wine Tour departs for the Southeastern-most point of Puglia: Santa Maria di Leuca. This area is frequented by celebrities for its awe inspiring untouched landscapes and natural beauty. After exploring the city and learning what makes it so special, we make our way to the port of the town and board a private boat to discover the magical surroundings of the area by the sea.
An aperitif and a light lunch will be served on board: the rest of the afternoon is spent on the boat sunbathing, swimming and resting.
In the afternoon we make our way back to the villa. Some free time before returning to the dinner table: your hosts will prepare a superb dinner, inspired to the best local recipes.
Day 4: Wednesday
From market stall to plate and spellbinding Otranto
After breakfast we visit one of the local farmers’ markets. Here we discover how the locals go about their daily lives. Along with your hosts and a local chef you will experience the markets in a truly authentic way. Once we have bought our ingredients we make our way back to the villa. Back in the kitchen we again get to learn the tricks of this amazing cuisine with a hands-on class with a local Mamma. We also learn how to make fresh pasta from scratch. The typical homemade pasta of the area is called ‘Orecchiette’ which gets its name based on the shape that resembles ears. Give it a go and before you know it you will be a master!
Later in the afternoon we visit Otranto, the coastal port rich in history. This is the Easternmost part of Italy and is postcard famous for its location at the very edge of Puglia. East meets West architecture and white sandy beaches await you. Spend a few hours at your own pace exploring this gem.
A culinary tour in Italy would not be complete without Pizza: in the evening we make our way to one of the best Pizzerias around.
- Meals: Breakfast, light Lunch and Pizza Dinner (wine included)
Day 5: Thursday
Wine Tour in Nardo’ and Lecce
Today we head to one of the best known wineries of the area, where we taste wines that are unique to the area of Salento. The traditional varieties that are grown include Primitivo and Negroamaro.
Afterwards we head to the seaside. Just 10km away from Nardo’ are the typical villages of Santa Caterina and Santa Maria al Bagno, adjacent to the stunning Porto Selvaggio (Wild Port) Natural Reserve. We enjoy a light lunch by the sea, while spending some quality time by the beach.
Later in the afternoon we head to Lecce, the baroque capital city of Salento. After a guided walk in the centre of the so-called Florence of the south, everybody is left free to enjoy the city as they wish: a couple of hours for shopping, a spritz, a gelato. Feel free to do as you please, but make sure to join the group again for the evening meal: we will enjoy dinner in the historic center at a restaurant that showcases the local produce, including typical dishes such as ‘ciceri e tria’ (chickpea dish) and ‘fave e cicoria’ (cicory and fava beans).
We will finish the evening with a few drinks in some of the best gay friendly bars of Lecce.
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Day 6: Friday
Olive Oil Experience and Farewell Dinner!
After a hearty breakfast, the Gay Salento Tour will head to a typical ‘Frantoio’ (farm producing organic extra virgin olive oil). Here we will learn the history of the ancient olive groves planted by the Romans and their uses from then until now. Marvel at the ancient trees that dominate this landscape. This is followed by a degustation of olive oils.
We will also explore Porto Cesareo, a port Town famous for fishing boats and fresh seafood. Meander through the little alleyways and see the locals going about their trades. This town will steal your heart!
The afternoon is spent back at the villa where you can relax and unwind and prepare for the Barbecue night. Those willing to party can make their way back to Gallipoli, the gay capital of Southern Italy where we can enjoy a drink or two at its local gay bar.
- Meals: Breakfast, Light Lunch and Dinner
Day 7: Saturday
Goodbye and see you next time!
It’s time to say goodbye: this amazing Gay Singles Week is over! We will arrange drop-offs to airports or train stations and see you soon 🙂
- Meals: Breakfast
- There are a range of massage treatments available at the Masseria. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.